Easy Way To Memorize A Grocery List. Anybody Can Do It!
What if I told you I could help you memorize a ten item grocery list in just a few seconds and you are guaranteed to remember it when you are at the store?
We’ve all gone to the store and realized we forgot our grocery list. Then we get home only to find we forgot to buy something. Sometimes we even forget the main thing we went there for. Frustrating isn’t it?
Here is a fast and easy way to remember your list.
First let’s make your grocery list:
- Toilet Paper
- Hot Dogs
- Orange Juice
- Ice Cream
- Can Of Dog Food
To make sure we remember this list we’re going to come up with the silliest visual we can imagine. The sillier it is the more likely you’ll remember the list.
- Toilet paper, hot dog, toothpaste:The toilet paper is wrapped around the hot dog which has toothpaste squirted on top of it.
- Orange Juice:The whole thing is floating in a bowl of orange juice.
- Sugar, Ice Cream:There is sugar raining down on top forming ice cream around our hot dog concoction.
- Bagels, Dog Food:There are bagels with dog food spread on them like sleds sliding down the ice cream.
- Cereal, Olives:The bagel sleds falls into the box of cereal that has olives in it – olive bran? 🙂
Now that’s one strange picture! But if you had created that vision yourself then you won’t forget it when you’re at the store. In fact, you may still remember it days later.
Do you want to try one yourself? Here’s this weeks list:
- Plastic zip lock bags
- Fish Sticks
- Bottled Water
- Kitty Litter
Put them in any order that makes for a fun, laugh out loud, image. Remember, the more outrageous it is the easier it will be to remember.
Wasn’t that fun? And it only took a few seconds. What did you come up with? Maybe the fish sticks covered in peanuts like a salted nut roll laying in a kitty litter pan? Or bubbles (shampoo) coming out of the gravy? Whatever you imagined will stick in your mind.
If you think you can remember the main ingredients but still need a little boost try a more generic version. Let’s say your list is simply pool chemical, frozen chicken with fixings and taco ingredients. Visualize a chicken floating in a swimming pool eating a taco. I actually had this list last week and I still remember it!
Next time you go to the store you can amaze your family by showing off your great memory!